The Construction Plant-hire Association (CPA) is hosting its Stars of the Future awards ceremony on Wednesday 26th June 2019 to find some of the industry’s brightest and most promising talent and reward them for their commitment, ability and potential.
This is the seventh consecutive year that the CPA has hosted the ceremony and it will be held at the Heart of England Conference and Events Centre in Fillongley near Coventry. The event is being held in association with headline sponsor A-Plant.
Traditionally, Stars of the Future has only rewarded plant mechanic apprentices but for 2019, the scope of the event has been widened. Two new national titles of CPA Plant Operator Star of the Future and CPA Lifting Technician Star of the Future are also now up for grabs. Triumphing in the competition marks a winner out as someone special among their peers and as a star with a bright future.
The new accolades are being introduced for the first time in recognition of new trailblazer apprenticeships. There will be one national winner for both the plant operator and lifting technician categories and the awards naturally come with a prize package.
If companies employ trainee or apprentice plant operators or lifting technicians who they believe could be real stars of the future, the CPA is inviting nominations.
To be eligible for each new category, all nominees must comply with the following:
- Be employed as either a plant operator using one or more types of ride-on construction plant, or a crane operator using either a tower, crawler or mobile (wheeled) crane;
- Be on a recognised apprenticeship or formal training programme of at least 12 months duration (Plant Operative) or at least 18 months (Lifting Technician) for the occupation;
- Working towards or have achieved a relevant NVQ, SVQ or other form of formal occupational competence-based qualification;
- Follow a formal training programme whereby appropriate off-the-job training is being followed;
- Operation of ride-on plant or the listed crane types.
Organisations are urged to make nominations before the closing date of 22nd May 2019. The application forms for each category can be downloaded from https://www.cpa.uk.net/starsdownloads/
Plant mechanic apprentices are eligible to enter through their college, as in previous years. All entries will be judged by a judging panel and winners will be announced at the CPA Stars of the Future awards ceremony on Wednesday 26th June 2019.